As the 2-Week Free Trial is coming to an end, you may already be thinking of letting your child go back to his usual schedule. Since it was just a trial, you would want to allow your child to focus on his academic requirements and other extra-curricular responsibilities.
You’ve seen small improvements in his skills, discipline and study habits, plus he has developed a routine already. So why stop his Kumon experience in just 2 weeks?
Here are 5 reasons why you should stay in Kumon beyond the 2-Week Free Trial – why you should stay in Kumon long term:
- Develop the basics. Kumon is a learning program that focuses on building a solid foundation in the child. Your child started at his most comfortable starting point which allows him to refresh and master the basics. Having a good grasp of the basic concepts helps him tackle both easy and difficult topics with ease. This is because even the most challenging math problems are rooted in the basics.
- Gain strong academic skills. Tackling a different set of topics per level and different kinds of problems per set allows your child to gain needed skills. Answering worksheets every day, with repetitions occurring when necessary, helps him strengthen these skills. Logical thinking and numerical skills can be gained from the Math Program; while comprehension and critical thinking skills can be gained from the Reading Program.
- Nurture good character. Not only are there academic benefits, but there is also character development. Discipline (developed through daily worksheet study), perseverance (developed through learning by examples), and patience (developed through the repetition of worksheets) – these are just some of the values that your child can nurture. Also, studying every day allows your child to develop good study habits.
- Reach advanced study. The main aim of Kumon is for your child to study topics that are beyond his current school grade level. Yes, these topics are unfamiliar and difficult; but your child can confidently solve these topics since he has developed the needed skills and character. In fact, these topics are both enjoyable and challenging for your child since he learns new things which most people his age are yet to learn.
- Unleash full potential. All in all, the Kumon Method of Learning allows your child to learn about his strengths and to further improve on his weaknesses. He also gets the chance to go out of his comfort zone and be part of new experiences. Your child’s full potential is realized and he is given the opportunity to dream big dreams and, eventually, be one step closer to reaching them.